Filter AAAA records within a specific zone

Dave Warren dw at thedave.ca
Tue Jan 9 18:53:59 UTC 2018

That's... Ugly. Effective though, and appreciated!

I was hoping for something that could work at the domain level rather
than at the individual host level, but it appears only BIND offers this
and I don't intend to switch from Unbound to BIND.

Can I assume this list has been at least somewhat static?

If not, or if I run into more services where this is an issue, I might
need to bring up a BIND resolver just for these particular domains and
have Unbound just forward these domains to BIND, but this too seems
uglier than I'd like.

Either way, this will seem to get things working in the short term, and
your efforts sorting it out and documenting are definitely making life
easier in the short term, so my thanks!