Checking another DNS server if first server returns no records

Harald Leithner leithner at itronic.at
Mon Oct 23 11:31:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a short question about local-zone options.

Is there a way todo the same thing as the option "transparent" but in
reverse order?
First checking external DNS and if not exist check local-data or better
check another DNS Server?

The problem which I try to solve is that we have an external and an
internal DNS server returning diffrent IPs for the same record (public
and local IPs). In some cases a records doesn't have an external IP and
the DNS Server responses with no information. In this case unbound
should check another DNS (the internal) for a DNS record.

thx

Harald

--
Harald Leithner

ITronic
Wiedner Hauptstraße 120/5.1, 1050 Wien, Austria
Tel: +43-1-545 0 604
Mobil: +43-699-123 78 4 78
Mail: leithner at itronic.at | itronic.at