Stats SharedMemory

Luiz Fernando Softov fernando at softov.com.br
Sat Jan 21 06:46:06 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm doing a patch to save stats_info into shm, using shmget();

For now, I'm using the stats timer.
statistics-interval to grab the data and store.

I create two cfg variables
int shm_key;
int shm_enabled;

But, I can't create the variables into config file.
The lex is unknown to me.

My question is, where I can submit the patch?

So, you guys can take a look on it, and maybe put inside unbound.

The adjust in SSL to consume less cpu do not take effect. I have a daemon
consuming 5% of CPU just reading stats. While using shared memory the
consume is 0%.

Shared memory is the best way to store and read data between binaries in
the same machine.

I have a lot of clients using unbound (~2200) with my modifications.