Oddity with nsd-based in-addr.arpa zone

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Wed Aug 2 12:17:23 UTC 2017

As I noted earlier, I do have a nsd zone named 168.192.in-addr.arpa, but
your comments got me to thinking that perhaps what's missing is some kind
of data at the 168.192.in-addr.arpa level. Just now, I edited the zone to
add a TXT record at the top. It now looks like this:

$TTL 3D
@        SOA   ...
          NS    ...
          NS    ...
          TXT   "some text"    ; <=== NEW!!!

$ORIGIN 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa.
1        PTR    ...

Then, I reconfigured unbound to treat it as a stub-zone instead of a
forward-zone:

stub-zone:
      name: "168.192.in-addr.arpa"
      stub-addr: 192.168.1.5 at 5053