Concerns about DNS & DHCP integration

Hernan Saltiel hsaltiel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 03:54:58 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

   I understand that my question would not be new, but I didn't see
somewhere in the mailing list interface where to find for something.
   I'm using unbound to serve DNS requests, and isc-dhcp-server to serve
DHCP requests.
   I have three different subnets, and have some guys moving from floor to
floor, then receiving different IP addresses depending on the floor (each
floor receive IP addresses from a different IP address range).
   Sometimes, those users need to access their machines using VNC or RDP,
depending on their OS.
   As far as I'm concerned, I understand I need to use some technique to
allor Unbound to dynamically register the new IP address, just to let those
users connect to their PCs using DNS records, and not IP addresses, because
they don't really know which IP address they do have.
   Could you please let me know if there is some note, or something you can
point just to have some ideas about if there is a chance to do that, and
how to?
   Thanks a lot in advance for your time and attention!

HeCSa