python unbound issues

Robert Edmonds edmonds at debian.org
Mon Feb 22 22:24:53 UTC 2016

Spike Morelli (DRBA) via Unbound-users wrote:
> 1) unbound-checkconfig complains that the python module isn't there:
>
> [1456179172] unbound-checkconf[5330:0] fatal error: module conf 'python
> iterator' is not known to work
>
> looking at the source code this seems to be due to WITH_PYTHONMODULE not
> being set, but I'm not sure where that's not happening. any clue?

Hi, Spike:

The Ubuntu unbound package is closely based on the Debian version. In
this case, you're affected by bug #777193:

unbound-checkconf is only called in certain cases by the init script.
You might be able to work around the issue by altering some of the
package settings. Maybe try setting RESOLVCONF=false in
/etc/default/unbound, if you don't need the resolvconf integration.

--
Robert Edmonds
edmonds at debian.org