Prefetch threshold

Drew Rampulla (drampull) drampull at cisco.com
Thu Dec 8 19:56:52 UTC 2016

Has anyone considered an enhancement to unbound prefetch to be able to configure the threshold to trigger when the prefetch runs instead of hard coding it to 10% of the TTL?  My intent was to handle cases where the DNS is unreachable, but still allow an application to continue working by using the previously known IP addresses.  So in my world I would set prefetch=yes, cache-min-ttl=1D, new_prefetch-threshold=1D minus 5 minutes.  In this way I would be able to refresh the DNS every 5 minutes, but be able to work for up to a day without a valid DNS entry.

Thanks,
Andrew Rampulla