Making unbound-anchor very verbose

Edward Lewis edward.lewis at icann.org
Mon Sep 14 16:04:57 UTC 2015

I'd like to have unbound-anchor be (able to be) much more verbose.

$ unbound-anchor -a testroot.key
$ unbound-anchor -a testroot.key -v
testroot.key has content
success: the anchor is ok
$ unbound-anchor -a testroot.key -vvvvv
testroot.key has content
success: the anchor is ok
$ unbound-anchor -a testroot.key -v -v -v -v
testroot.key has content
success: the anchor is ok

I.e., the latter two ought to "show the work done."  I'm more interested
in the process than obtaining the result (so long as the result is as
expected).

I'm not too familiar with unbound distributions.  Where (in what files)
can I add print/echo statements to do this?  (I don't have specific
statements to add, I need to prototype it.)  I just don't read script well
enough I guess. ;)