[Unbound-users] how often can I call stats_noreset?

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Sun Nov 16 18:46:10 UTC 2014

I've started implementing a Performance CoPilot* PMDA**, so that we can
collect all the metrics from "unbound-control stats_noreset" together
with other system performance metrics, and view the performance
numbers both realtime and collect historically. Example screenshot of
pmchart visualizer showing some live unbound and cpu performance metrics:
http://tanso.net/pcp-unbound.png

So, this PMDA is now running "unbound-control stats_noreset" every second,
which seems a bit excessive maybe, but is there any reason to be carefull
with how often we call stats_noreset?  Or are there any more efficient
way of polling these numbers if stats_noreset is unadvicable?

[*] http://www.performancecopilot.org/
[**] http://linux.die.net/man/3/pmda

  -jf