[Unbound-users] Timeout and NS specification

Vladimir Levijev vladimir.levijev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 09:56:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have read through

http://www.unbound.net/documentation/info_timeout.html

and understood that there is basically no way I could specify a
timeout of the resolve operation? Say, I'd like to perform this query
using UDP, 3 attempts with 5 seconds timeout (15 seconds max timeout).

Another question, can I specify that I need to make a TCP request?

Also I could not find a way to specify a particular nameserver when
doing a request, is unbound always using a local resolver
configuration (resolv.conf)? I basically need to specify an NS for
every request, e. g. I can not just have a list in resolv.conf or
something.

I am using an async call ub_resolve_async() .

Please, let me know if you know some other library that I should be using.

Cheers,

VL