[Unbound-users] Memory Usage

Paul Taylor PaulTaylor at winn-dixie.com
Thu Mar 22 02:35:09 UTC 2012

Sorry, I think I was in a bit of a hurry when I wrote this and didn't
complete my thought.

I can't say what my settings are without digging into the config
file(I'm travelling at the moment), but I wouldn't generally expect
memory use to continuously increase.  The number of devices using this
DNS server isn't really changing and my cache timeout is only 10
minutes.  So, if the number of users (and presumably the number of
queries) aren't increasing, and the cache timeout is so low that the
overall cache size shouldn't be continuously growing, why would the
memory usage keep going up?

Anyone else out there monitoring their Unbound usage with Cacti?  How
does your memory usage look?

Thanks,
Paul