[Unbound-users] How to use Alternative Other Root DNS server with DNSSEC validation

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Fri Aug 24 21:46:16 UTC 2012

This is really not the right list to discuss this.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Leen Besselink <leen at consolejunkie.net> wrote:
> So all we really need is some way of keeping the root in check, some safety net.

It's called root server operators.

> Why not create 5 roots that all serve the same data, the same data the original root serves. Just like a lot of the alternative roots we had in the past.

We already have (something like) that. (Almost) each root server has
different operator and at least some of them doesn't blindly accept
anything which comes from Verisign/IANA.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>