[Unbound-users] Problems with dipmap.com

Hauke Lampe lampe at hauke-lampe.de
Mon Sep 19 15:41:53 UTC 2011

On 19.09.2011 15:51, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> I do not understand how they continue to query LAME servers.

Doesn't look lame to me. It answers queries for tirparkolo.dipmap.com as
well as for ns/ns1/ns2.dipmap.com. Only the NS record is wrong.

My Unbound resolver (current svn) keeps returing the correct answer.

> If it would not
> give Lame answers, then it would work with unbound (and the parent-child
> disagreement would not be an issue).

Shouldn't it fail with "harden-referral-path" set? Or is it enough if
the child servers sends answers for the nameserver names from the parent
zone even if the NS records differ?

Here's a query trace from unbound-host w/ harden-referral-path:
http://pastebin.com/VU3tuN3J

Hauke.