[Unbound-users] Unbound release 1.4.12

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Nov 2 12:30:38 UTC 2011

Zitat von "W.C.A. Wijngaards" <wouter at NLnetLabs.nl>:

> On 07/18/2011 10:00 PM, Juergen Daubert wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 05:19:35PM +0200, Gábor Lénárt wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> However, I am still having problems to get the "old behaviour". How can I
>>> compile unbound to link against libldns statically? I couldn't figure out
>>> without ugly hacks (see my previous mail), it seems even
>>> "--enable-static-exe" does not work (and also it sounds a bit "dangerous"
>>> when help of the configure script talks about "for debug purposes"), ldns
>>> is still linked dynamically, at least output of ldd on unbound binary
>>> shows libldns too.
>>
>> Build but _not_ install ldns <somewhere> with the configure option
>> --disable-shared. After that configure unbound to use your just built
>> ldns with --with-ldsn=<somewhere>, thats all ;)
>
> Yes that is a way to install from source:
>    get ldns; unpack, ./configure --disable-shared; make
>    get unbound; unpack, ./configure --with-ldns=theldnsbuilddir; make
> This results in a static link to the ldns library.  Unbound can use the
> ldns compile build directory directly, you do not have to install the
> ldns you link to.
> (If you want to static link to libevent, do the same for libevent).

This does not work for me on Linux x64...

/usr/bin/ld: /root/install/build/ldns/lib/libldns.a(rdata.o):
relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making
a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/root/install/build/ldns/lib/libldns.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libunbound.la] Fehler 1

Should ldns be built with -fPIC or unbound??
On the same OS (ia32 ) it works as expected, it's unbound 1.4.13 BTW.

Regards

Andreas