[Unbound-users] [wishlist] unbound vs djbdns

Andreas Schulze andreas.schulze at datev.de
Wed Jun 15 09:22:24 UTC 2011

Am 15.06.2011 10:25 schrieb W.C.A. Wijngaards:

> Once it has parsed the query, I could print it, the simplest way:
> Jun 15 10:03:05 unbound[25547:0] info: ::1 <www.nlnetlabs.nl. A IN>
> Jun 15 10:03:10 unbound[25547:0] info: ::1 <www.nlnetlabs.com. A IN>
> Jun 15 10:03:12 unbound[25547:0] info: ::1 <www.nlnetlabs.com. MX IN>
perfect!

> It would be printed for cache response and for non-cache-response.
yep, I'll see queries!

> It would not do escaping, weird characters become '?' (not \123).
most ot the time this information is enough.

> It is logged to the regular log channel. (at LOG_INFO level).
in my case it's stderr connected to a circular buffer file in /dev/shm

> Not sure if this is worth it.
I am. The fastest application is not usefull until one can see what's going on.

Thanks.
I will try the patch and report. But it may take some time ...
Andreas

--
Andreas Schulze
Internetdienste | P252

DATEV eG
90329 Nürnberg | Telefon +49 911 319-0 | Telefax +49 911 319-3196
E-Mail info @datev.de | Internet www.datev.de
Sitz: 90429 Nürnberg, Paumgartnerstr. 6-14 | Registergericht Nürnberg, GenReg Nr.70
Vorstand
Prof. Dieter Kempf (Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Wolfgang Stegmann (stellvertretender Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Michael Leistenschneider
Jörg Rabe v. Pappenheim
Dipl.-Vw. Eckhard Schwarzer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Reinhard Verholen