[Unbound-users] Unbound release 1.4.12

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Mon Jul 18 20:23:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:00:56PM +0200, Juergen Daubert wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 05:19:35PM +0200, Gábor Lénárt wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > However, I am still having problems to get the "old behaviour". How can I
> > compile unbound to link against libldns statically? I couldn't figure out
> > without ugly hacks (see my previous mail), it seems even
> > "--enable-static-exe" does not work (and also it sounds a bit "dangerous"
> > when help of the configure script talks about "for debug purposes"), ldns
> > is still linked dynamically, at least output of ldd on unbound binary
> > shows libldns too.
>
> Build but _not_ install ldns <somewhere> with the configure option
> --disable-shared. After that configure unbound to use your just built
> ldns with --with-ldsn=<somewhere>, thats all ;)

Thanks, I've already solved the problem, but it's still a valid complain that
"--enable-static-exe" switch of unbound configuration script does not work
even if you check it out that it's documented as:

 --enable-static-exe     enable to compile executables statically against
                          event, ldns libs,  ......

Or maybe I misunderstand the description here, that this option only
"enables" to do so, but not forcing it?