[Unbound-users] Benchmarking Unbound

Michael Watters wattersmt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:36:08 UTC 2011

I am currently testing unbound as part of a current project however
I'm seeing some wildly different results comparing unbound-control
stats to what queryperf results show.  For example, I've logged the
output of total.num.queries to a file every second and calculated the
average result which shows 9474 queries per second, queryperf shows
6945 qps.  Both results are from the same test load.

What is the proper way to monitor and benchmark the queries per second
on an unbound server?