[Unbound-users] Forwarding queries for uncached names to specified DNS resolvers

Brian Morrison brian49 at gmx.com
Fri Nov 26 14:00:07 UTC 2010

Thank you very much for responding. Sorry, but I am still confused! The
lines I created in unbound.conf are based on what I found here:

http://www.unbound.net/pipermail/unbound-users/2008-October/000272.html

That post seems to suggest that the first forward-zone has to have
127.0.0.1 as forward-addr, otherwise ALL queries will be forwarded to
the upstream resolvers, not just those for uncached names. However, you
seem to be saying that if I delete the first forward-zone, Unbound will
still search its cache before forwarding queries to the upstream
resolvers. Would you very kindly confirm that I have understood you
correctly, please? Thanks again.