[Unbound-users] Issuing multiple commands over the control channel

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 16:46:56 UTC 2010

On 08/03/10 16:08, Alexander Clouter wrote:
> Phil Mayers<p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>  wrote:
>>
>> I am wondering if it's possible to issue>1 command over the SSL control
>> channel? Specifically "flush" commands for>1 host. I might want to
>> flush anything from 1-1000 specific hosts from the cache (most commonly
>> 2-10) every few minutes.
>>
> ...well if all your DDNS stuff is not in your 'main' zone[1] then you
> could just use 'flush_zone' instead.

The "unbound-control" man page describes this as slow, and "ic.ac.uk" is
a big zone, soon to get a lot bigger when we DNSSEC sign it.

I'd prefer not to blow away more of the cache than I have to. As I say,
most updates are 1/2 hosts in which case I guess reconnecting to the
control channel is not too onerous, but it seems... icky.