[Unbound-users] RRset and Message cache functionality

sheridan at CS.ColoState.EDU sheridan at CS.ColoState.EDU
Thu Jun 24 20:44:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the cache memory usage of unbound a bit better. I
noticed that unbound-control only responds with the message and rrset
cache usage so I assume these are responsible for most of the memory
usage.

I also notice in the tuning documentation it's recommended the rrset cache
be allocated roughly twice the memory of the message cache, but on my
system the message cache catches and surpasses the rrset at around 130MB
using the default configuration for everything but the sizes.

I really have no idea how these two caches are being used(what they
contain, when they're referenced, ect.) so I'm not sure if the behavior is
normal or not. I'm hoping someone can offer insight or point me towards
any relevant documentation.

Thanks for any input.