[Unbound-users] Validating the root: translation of ICANN XML file

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Thu Jul 22 13:17:41 UTC 2010

On 07/21/2010 04:09 PM, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
> Ah, thank you Rob Gallagher for the tip re: the configuration; unbound
> started up and immediately revised the .txt file.
>
> Thank you Patrik Fältström for the explanation re the script failure.
>

> Perhaps an extra comment in the script?
>
> echo " NOTE, the following dnssec-dsfromkey command will fail if you
> are not using bind. Not a problem; the other files are good."
>
> Thanks

There is also a very simple method, but with other dependencies. Made by
Bjørn Mork:

Just for the fun of it, I explored how difficult it would be
implementing something similar in perl using the excellent Net::DNS::SEC
module.  It was really simple:http://www.mork.no/~bjorn/rootanchor2keys.pl  <http://www.mork.no/%7Ebjorn/rootanchor2keys.pl>
Ugly as hell as usual with my perl code, but it works. And it is simple
enough to be verifiable.

You will need Net::DNS::SEC and XML::Simple from CPAN or your friendly
OS distribution (libnet-dns-sec-perl and libxml-simple-perl in Debian)

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg10701.html