[Unbound-users] Problems with 100% CPU load of unbound

Sebastian Nickel - Hetzner Online AG sebastian.nickel at hetzner.de
Thu Jul 22 12:50:46 UTC 2010

Hello,
we use unbound in a loadbalancer configuration. We noticed that
sometimes the unbound process uses 100% of CPU even when it does not
receive any DNS requests. It uses this 100% cpu load till we restart the
process. After restarting all is ok again.

We don't know why this happens. We used unbound from debian-testing and
a self compiled version, too. The issue happened in both installations.

Does anybody have any information about this issue?

Currently used versions:

unbound:
--------
self compiled, configure options: "--without-pthreads
--without-solaris-threads"
Version 1.4.4
linked libs: event 3.9, ldns 1.4.0, OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010
linked modules: validator iterator

OS:
---
Debian Lenny