[Unbound-users] small bug ?

Stephan Lagerholm stephan.lagerholm at secure64.com
Thu Feb 4 15:12:37 UTC 2010

Val-permissive-mode only instructs unbound to return a bogus answer but
not to set the AD-flag (instead of returning servfail). So it will not
disable DNSSEC validation.

I wish I had an unbound to test with where I am right now, but reading
from the manual page you might want to try the module-config option to
turn off DNSSEC validation.

  module-config: <"module names">
              Module  configuration,  a list of module names separated
by spaces, surround the string with quotes (""). The  modules  can  be
validator,  iterator.  Setting this to "iterator" will result in a
non-validating server.  Setting this to  "validator  iterator" will
turn on DNSSEC validation.  The ordering of the modules is important.
You must also set trust-anchors for validation to be useful.

Thanks, S
Stephan Lagerholm
Senior DNS Architect, M.Sc. ,CISSP
Secure64 Software Corporation, www.secure64.com