[Unbound-users] also non-recursive support (snoop) by default?

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Thu Feb 4 14:05:30 UTC 2010

Ondřej,

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 02:24:00PM +0100, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> Gábor,
>
> Unbound implements non-recursive queries. Try:
>
> $ dig +norec localhost @<your_ip>
>
> It refuses to answer with data from cache e.g. for which he is not
> authoritative (all domains expect localhost, reverse 127.0.0.1 and
> ::1, and the AS112 zones, and those defined by you in local-data
> statement).

Thanks for your answer! Yes, I more or less understand/have understood this,
but he interprets RFCs this way: non-recursive queries must be supported for other
domains too (not just about localhost, ...  etc), or at least about the list
of root name servers.  Is he wrong?  Can you tell me where it is written (as
RFC or other more-or-less standard resource) that the minimal set of
"domains" to support for non-recursive queries _must_ be the list you provided
in your reply and not other (like query the list of root nameserves, what he
wants)? Hopefully I am not so off-topic here, since it's not so unbound related
topic anymore, it seems! Anyway, thanks for your answer again!

- Gábor