[Unbound-users] Which operating system is more suitable to run unbound ?

usk daemon daemon.usk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 05:52:58 UTC 2010

Hi
 We are ready to deploy a DNS server.As a DNS resolver, which is about 50
thousand users resolve DNS server (recursive, caching, etc.).
 Hardware environment: two 4-core CPU, 8GB memory, Gigabit Ethernet
 Previously, using bind9 + Solaris 10 x86. This is because, after the actual
test, that  Bind9  runs on Solaris than running on FreeBSD provides higher
performance,especially BIND9 run in multi-threaded mode.
 Now, we want to use unbound. Do not know that the operating system more
suitable for unbound provide higher performance and stability? Solaris 10
x86 is still Freebsd 7.3 or FreeBSD 8.1? 64-bit or 32-bit?
 thank you!