[Unbound-users] poor unbound qps completed recently

Hayward, Bruce Bruce.Hayward at mtsallstream.com
Wed Aug 25 19:54:29 UTC 2010

Hi

I have been trying the various flavors of unbound, testing the qps

Recently I seem to have been throttled (now on 1.46) threads no and
libevents yes (when I started testing with earlier version was much
better)

Where the queries completed bears a question - thoughts on what I have
done?

(no Iptables for the first thought)

I am seeing:

root at wnpgmb02hbv# /usr/local/nom/bin/resperf -d
queryfile-example-100thousand

DNS Resolution Performance Testing Tool

Nominum Version 1.0.1.0

[Status] Sending

[Status] Reached 65536 outstanding queries

[Status] Waiting for more responses

[Status] Testing complete

Statistics:

  Queries sent:         66104

  Queries completed:    872

  Queries lost:         65232

  Ran for:              48.906515 seconds

  Maximum throughput:   1160.000000 qps

  Lost at that point:   7.20%

root

Bruce

Bruce Hayward, MTS Allstream Inc., (c) 204-792-9174 (p) 204-958-1983 (e)
bruce.hayward at mtsallstream.com <mailto:bruce.hayward at mtsallstream.com>

Is it really necessary to print this email?

MTS ALLSTREAM INC. CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email message is confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, or if this message has been sent to you in error, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or its contents is strictly prohibited.   If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.  If there is an agreement attached with this message, such agreement will not be binding until it is signed by all parties named therein.