[Unbound-users] Is there any memory leak in unbound?

Tue Sep 15 09:29:13 UTC 2009

Hi Tao Ma,

Just realized something else, the sbrk estimate is a dirty hack.
Gentoo may report a different sbrk() value, and the dirty hack
does not work.  The sbrk() value keeps growing but maybe it is
not true that unbound's memory keeps growing.  Does the 'top' or
'ps' memory number also grow?

h”, Tao Ma /<matao_reg at yahoo.com.cn>/* ™S

>>     Ñöº: Tao Ma <matao_reg at yahoo.com.cn>
>>     ;˜: Re: [Unbound-users] Is there any memory leak in unbound?
>>     6öº: "W.C.A. Wijngaards" <wouter at nlnetlabs.nl>
>>     „: unbound-users at unbound.net
>>     å: 2009t911å,h”,
> H11:50
>
>>     Hi Wouter,thanks very much for your reply.
>
>>     I tried the method you mentioned,here is the info I got from the log:
>>     debug: cache memory msg=16528 rrset=33040 infra=672 val=24888
>>     This info keeps the same from the start of the unbound(I have only
>>     about 5 records in unbound).
>
>>     I also found the value of mem.total.sbrk printed by "unbound-control
>>     stats" keeps growing.The item "mem.total.sbrk" is an estimate of the
>>     heap size of unbound in bytes,it is close to the memory used by unbound.
>
>>     I have a script keeps recording mem.total.sbrk in a file,and found
>>     when mem.total.sbrk grew to 2017873920,unbound was killed by
>>     system(My server has a 2G memory).
>
>>     Unbound runs in a Gentoo Linux with 2.6.23 kernel,does the problem
>>     relate to the OS?
>
>>     Thanks & Best regards,
>>     Tao Ma
>

>>     --- *09t910å
hÛ, W.C.A. Wijngaards /<wouter at NLnetLabs.nl>/*
>>     ™S
>

>>         Ñöº: W.C.A. Wijngaards <wouter at NLnetLabs.nl>
>>         ;˜: Re: [Unbound-users] Þ  Re: Is there any memory leak in
>>         unbound?
>>         6öº: "Tao Ma" <matao_reg at yahoo.com.cn>
>>         „: "Paul Wouters" <paul at xelerance.com>, unbound-users at unbound.net
>>         å: 2009t910å,hÛ,