[Unbound-users] Resolving Timeouts/Issues

Dave Ellis dave at colo4dallas.com
Wed Oct 8 14:30:54 UTC 2008

Wouter,

Thanks for the info, I made the changes to my config and I'm still
experiencing the same issue. Here is what I've got in my config now.

---
cache-ns2:/usr/local/etc/unbound# cat unbound.conf
       # unbound.conf(5) config file for unbound(8).
       server:
	directory: "/usr/local/etc/unbound"
	username: unbound   # make sure it can write to pidfile.
	chroot: "/usr/local/etc/unbound"
	logfile: "/usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound.log"  #uncomment to use
logfile.
	pidfile: "/usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound.pid"
	interface: 0.0.0.0
	access-control: 0.0.0.0/0 allow
	root-hints: "/usr/local/etc/unbound/named.cache"
	do-ip6: no
	outgoing-num-tcp: 30
	incoming-num-tcp: 30
	outgoing-range: 900
	msg-cache-size: 1500m
	msg-cache-slabs: 8
	statistics-interval: 30
---

Our caching bind servers regularlly run around 8-10 million queries an
hour, this server in particular gets anywhere from 2-4 million queries
an hour. Just letting you know what kind of volume we're dealing with.
Can Unbound handle that much traffic?

Thanks again for your help.

-Dave