Unbound on FreeBSD 11, uses just one of 8 threads?

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed May 23 05:56:42 UTC 2018

Hi Viktor,

On 23/05/18 01:45, Viktor Dukhovni via Unbound-users wrote:

> I have 8 threads configured, anyone know why unbound would
> do all the work in just one thread?

Previously people that asked this, had a usage that one thread could
satisfy.  Perhaps the other cpu cores are running some other process.
It it the systems scheduler for delivering packets to the listening
network socket that determines which thread gets the content.
so-reuseport: yes reportedly improves distribution between threads on Linux.

Best regards, Wouter