libsystemd not found an error

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Jul 2 07:16:56 UTC 2018

Hi Yoshi Horigome,

On 30/06/18 04:02, Yoshi Horigome via Unbound-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attempting to configure r4762 is now "libsystemd not found".
> However, we have confirmed that libsystemd related packages are
> installed as follows.

It needs ht libsystemd-dev package with the header files.

It may also be the case that the difference is that configure was
generated but aclocal was not used, pkg-config autoconf macros did not
get instantiated and this makes the systemd detection fail.  So, not
just run 'autoconf' but also aclocal (or run autoreconf that combines them).

I saw that the libhiredis printout is a problem, and I fixed that
printout in r4764.

In r4657 there is a change in configure.ac in the pkg-config macros for
making python module config use it.  This change could be the culprit,
but I don't understand how detecting pkg-config could be a problem for
systemd detection later that also uses pkg-config.

Best regards, Wouter