unbound python on debian jessie

Christopher Hearn chris at convorelay.com
Fri Jul 21 18:16:15 UTC 2017

I've installed unbound from the stable repos on debian jessie 8.8, unbound version 1.4.22.  Installed via:  "apt-get install unbound python-unbound".  I'm not able to get the python module to load.  If I add "module-config: "validator python iterator" to the config file, it fails the unbound-checkconf & thus fails to restart:

[1500660297] unbound-checkconf[28142:0] fatal error: module conf 'validator python iterator' is not known to work

I feel like I'm missing a simple step here but I can't figure out what it is.  The man page says the above config should work.