How to force resolution failure of an unsigned domain

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Apr 5 06:38:23 UTC 2017

Hi Sen,

Yes that document is very recent, but does not explain insecure zones.

Unbound can verify that the zone is supposed to not have signatures,
because the parent zone signs the NSEC (or NSEC3 if they are using
NSEC3) that says so.  Unbound then passes the normal results to the
application (without the AD flag), so that it can connect.

Your administrator wants unbound to somehow secure non-DNSSEC signed
zones using DNSSEC?  If we stop resolution of all zones that have not
deployed DNSSEC, then you won't be able to connect to a large fraction
of sites?

What I think is happening is that you are confusing a zone that has
not deployed DNSSEC with a zone that is bogus.

Best regards, Wouter