in-add.arpa

Ralph Dolmans ralph at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Oct 7 13:09:42 UTC 2016

Hi Raed,

10.in-addr.arpa queries are blocked by a default local zone. You can
turn off the default content for a subzone by using the transparent
local-zone type. So, in your case that will be something like:

local-zone: "32.24.10.in-addr.arpa." transparent

Setting the type to nondefault does not have any effect here, since
there is no local-zone for that name (there is one for 10.in-addr.arpa).

The private-address statement will strip occurrences of that address
from the answer. I doubt that is what you are looking for.

Please note that your access-control statement is potentially harmful
(creating an open resolver).

Regards,
-- Ralph