Preview of data before security is established

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon May 30 07:24:12 UTC 2016

Hi Rick,

On 27/05/16 11:30, Rick van Rein via Unbound-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any way for an asynchronous program to get a preview of DNS
> data that is in the process of being validated?

No not really.  Unbound actually validates queries via libunbound.
Actually internally, unbound can do queries without validation, and then
later resume validation 'from cache' at start.  But it doesn't do that.

You could have two contexts, one with a trust anchor and one without;
but they would not share cache entries, and do duplicate work.

If you know the query name in advance, you can start the queries early,
with asyncronous lookups.

Best regards, Wouter