Maintained by: NLnet Labs

DHCP question

Bryan C. Everly
Wed Jul 6 14:57:45 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm running OpenBSD-current with the provided unbound and dhcpd and
I'm trying to accomplish something that I would think should be pretty
straightforward.  When my network clients get an IP address from
dhcpd, I'd like to be able to resolve their hostnames via my local
unbound DNS server.

Example:

1.  A laptop with the name foo.bar.com asks dhcpd for an IP address
2.  The laptop is assigned 192.168.1.50
3.  On a second machine on the network, I'd like to ping foo.bar.com
and get 192.168.1.50 resolved

Is there a configuration option for this or some nudge you can give a
n00b to help me figure this out?  My Google-Fu has failed me this time
around.

Thanks,
Bryan