Maintained by: NLnet Labs

private-address defaults in example config

Ralph Dolmans
Mon Dec 19 14:37:41 CET 2016

Hi Luis,

According to that RFC, only addresses with the L bit (=8th bit) set to 1
are locally assigned. So that makes the fd00::/8 prefix.

Section 4.4 of that RFC mentions that the locally assigned addresses are
not recommended to be installed in the DNS. It also recommends returning
NXDOMAIN for d.f.ip6.arpa.

Regards,
-- Ralph