Maintained by: NLnet Labs

Why are unbound-control local_zone_remove/local_zone/local_data so incredibly slow ?

Over Dexia
Thu Dec 1 16:53:40 CET 2016

Am 30.11.2016 um 17:41 schrieb Tim Smith via Unbound-users:
> Interesting idea, nice bit of thinking outside the box !   But in
> relation to "should be alright after cache data times out" ,  does
> that mean that the idea might not work too well if I've got "prefetch:
> yes" in my config ?

In the situation where a cached resolution has been prefetched before
the dump, and that site is supposed to be blacklisted/nullrouted, you'd
add >=90% of the ttl (up to cache-max-ttl) to the time until it blacks
out for good ...

... *unless* unbound either checks local data before the cache, or the
load_cache checks against local data and doesn't taint the cache with
the entries loaded, I'd assume. But essentially, that's beyond my
knowledge of the execution flow... j.