[Unbound-users] Distinguishing client queries vs. internal sub-queries

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 15:42:59 UTC 2015

Hello.

I'm interested if there is any way to distinguish,
from unbound module point of view, if a query that
is being passed to the module was generated by some
client or generated internally by some other module?

>From what I know, there is no combination of module
ext_state and event, that would identify such situation.

The reason I need this is that I would like to create
a module that acts ONLY on queries from clients and
FINAL responses to such queries.

Imagine my module is not the first in the list of modules.
New query from client will invoke the module with mod_state_initial
and mod_event_pass. If then e.g. validator created a new
subquery for e.g. ". DNSKEY IN", the query will be in the
end also passed to my module with mod_state_initial and
mod_event_pass. However my module don't care about such query.

So is there any way in a module to distinguish queries from clients
from internally generated sub-queries? If not would it be possible
to add such mechanism?

Thank you.

Regards,
--
Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D