Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] error when threading enabled on local_unbound on FreeBSD 10.x

Jaap Akkerhuis
Tue Jul 21 18:43:05 CEST 2015

 unbound at fongaboo.com writes:

 > Thanks. This clarifies a lot.
 >
 > This may be a stupid FreeBSD question, rather than an unbound-specific
 > question, but is there any way to give the executables in /usr/local/sbin
 > priority when running them from the path?
 >
 > FONG

That is what I meant with:

 > > Note your $PATH

For me, echo $PATH gives something like:

/home/jaap/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:

So, looking for an executable it first looks in my private bin
(/home/jaap/bin:) directory, then in the local directories
(/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:).

You can change the search order by rearranging this order. See man
sh (or man csh, or man bash, dependent on what your actual shell
is) for details.

	jaap