[Unbound-users] error when threading enabled on local_unbound on FreeBSD 10.x

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jul 21 05:48:46 UTC 2015

 unbound at fongaboo.com writes:

 > Thanks,
 >
 > I am now attempting to install from ports. However, am I gathering
 > correctly that FreeBSD's local_unbound's config files live in /etc/unbound
 > while stock unbound has them in /usr/local/etc/unbound?

Yes.

 > When I run unbound-control-setup, it seems to put the files it generates
 > in /etc/unbound anyway. What do I have to do to make sure everything
 > defaults to the stock setup instead of the local_unbound setup?

Note your $PATH

Make sure that you use the /usr/local/sbin/unbound-control-setup
(and others from the ports). The /usr/sbin/$unboundtools have wired
in the /etc as defaut path.

Alternatively always usr the -f config with the build-in
versions.

	jaap