unbound fetches DNS record from nsd but does not return it to client

Patrik Lundin patrik at sigterm.se
Sat Aug 1 08:54:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 08:34:09PM -0500, Micah Yoder via Unbound-users wrote:

> Any pointers would be awesome. This is driving me nuts.  Thanks!

While I am not sure off the top of my head what is going wrong since you
already have the "do-not-query-localhost: no" setting, I personally like
to use unbound-host when debugging unbound behaviour. Using -C you can
point out the unbound.conf file and possibly have an easier time
reproducing the problem.

It might be interesting to see the complete output of:
unbound-host -C /path/to/unbound.conf -d -d -v data1.datanet.home

--
Patrik Lundin