[Unbound-users] how often can I call stats_noreset?

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Tue Nov 18 09:59:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 01:39:17PM +0100, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> Unbound will briefly poll the other threads over the internal pipes to
> collect the information and thread-0 is busy answering this data over
> the control connection.  Other than that, once per second should work
> fine.  I would personally recommend a lower polling rate, but it
> should work.

Ok, great! It turned out that PCP won't be polling at all by defalt,
it's the client tools that are triggering the polls. So we'll likely
limit automated polls to once every 10 seconds or longer.

> For NSD (which you did not mention), this would be a problem, and you
> would need to upgrade to the latest version to get a repeated-fork-fix
> that stops (Linux-)system performance degrade after millions of fork
> operations.

Thanks for the heads up! We're not currently running NSD, but it's stuff
like that I was worried about.

  -jf