[Unbound-users] lost in translation: howto_optimise

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Tue Nov 11 11:42:33 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm unsure about correct translation of "power of 2 close to num-threads"
( http://unbound.net/documentation/howto_optimise.html )

The page start with a sample 4 CPUs with 2 cores each result in
"num-threads: 8"
The second sentence has no sample :-/
What are valid values for 'power of 2 close to num-threads' in case of
num-threads=8?

Should I calculate 2^8 = 256 as *-slabs?
Or should I select one of n^2 -> 2, 4, 8, 16 32, ...
which is close to 8 -> select 8

What about 6 CPU -> num-threads: 6
select 4 or 8 as *-slabs? and which value is better in this case?

Could somebody explain a little but more detailed, please?

Thanks,
Andreas