[Unbound-users] Unbound vs MS Resolver

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Fri May 30 08:08:59 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-30 00:22, unbound at strotmann.de wrote:
> Is the query about comparing Unbound on Windows with MS DNS, or
> comparing Unbound on Unix/Linux with Win DNS?

I'd be interested in the results comparing the two on a
similar/identical platform. In other words, should I uninstall Microsoft
DNS and install unbound on the same system (where unbound is otherwise a
reasonable fit)

Obviously it's not a suitable replacement for Active Directory driven
DNS. However, even here, there's an interesting performance question: Is
it worth installing unbound and forwarding Microsoft DNS to unbound, or
is it better to let Microsoft DNS perform it's own resolution?

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/