[Unbound-users] Unbound vs MS Resolver

unbound at strotmann.de unbound at strotmann.de
Fri May 30 07:22:15 UTC 2014

Hello Olaf,

Olaf Kolkman wrote:

> Folk,
>
> We recently got a query from somebody in the industry asking how
> Unbound compares to Windows Resolver performance in terms of qps and
> CPU (memory is under user control).
>
> All our benchmarking is Unix based and we never really did a
> comparison ourselves. Is there somebody on this list that has
> performed such measurements, or knows of a reference?

I have a working setup where I could test Unbound vs. MS DNS (the setup
where I do regression tests on the Unbound packages I compile) and would
be very interested in the results as well. The machines are not too
powerful (dual-core with 8GB RAM) compared to todays standards.

I'm pretty busy the next two weeks, but could do the tests later in June
(if that helps).

Is the query about comparing Unbound on Windows with MS DNS, or
comparing Unbound on Unix/Linux with Win DNS?

Carsten

--
Carsten Strotmann
Email: cas at strotmann.de