Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] how to handle dname record in unbound?

lin
Thu May 8 09:33:47 CEST 2014

all,
When I read source code of unbound,
in the source file iterator.c, a function named handle_cname_response has some comments as follow.
"
/* If there is a (relevant) DNAME, add it to the list.
		 * We always expect there to be CNAME that was generated
		 * by this DNAME following, so we don't process the DNAME
		 * directly.  */

"
Do it means that the authoritative must synthesize a cname record for each dname record? and if the authoritative  do not synthesize a cname record from dname record, how to deal with the scenarios?