[Unbound-users] New member, maybe old question?

Filipe Cifali cifali.filipe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:34:45 UTC 2014

Hello guys, I need some help about understanding how to do what I need with
unbound.

My setup is basically is 2 IPVS (heartbeat + ldirectord) with gate(not
masquerade) to 4 servers each.

So I need to setup the IPVS on the servers in their loopbacks so I can use
the IP to reply.

No arp allowed, forward allowed as needed.

This setup works w/ Named/Bind. The queries are replied by the IP requested
(on the loopback as he's the IPVS)

But w/ unbound the request address is the IPVS but the reply comes from the
real IP on the interface, resulting in:

dig google.com @IPVS
;; reply from unexpected source: REALSERVER#53, expected IPVS#

Searching the archives, from oldest to newest I found this:

http://www.unbound.net/pipermail/unbound-users/2008-January/000003.html

And this:

http://www.unbound.net/pipermail/unbound-users/2012-June/002404.html

I can't bind to 0.0.0.0 cause bind is running on the other interfaces. This
is why I have to use the IPs on the config w/ multiple interface
statements.

They are both near what I have atm but not the same.

I get this behavior on 1.4.21-r2 (from Gentoo portage)

If I made any mistake in the config let me know:

erver:
verbosity: 1
interface: REALIP
interface: IPVS1