[Unbound-users] reddit.com issue

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Mon Aug 25 19:45:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM, John Graham-Cumming <jgc at cloudflare.com> wrote:
> No need. I'm the CloudFlare engineer on that and it has already been fixed
> (we will now reply NXDOMAIN) and the code will be deployed shortly.
Thanks for your response John, it's very appreciated. Perhaps FORMERR
is more suited, but NXDOMAIN is true in this case as well and better
suited than the drop. Can you let the list know when it's done,
please?

Friends, the fact that I found the issue Dave reported in CloudFlare
doesn't mean it's not existing elsewhere.
I mean this should close Dave's case because cns[123].reddit.com are CloudFlare.
But this sort of thing can happen a lot with many IDS-type products
that do deep packet inspection and filtering.

I guess it may mean one service at a time.

Best regards,
Maciej