Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] reddit.com issue

Dave Duchscher
Mon Aug 25 02:18:17 CEST 2014

We have just started using unbound and I am having an issue with resolving reddit.com do to some bad queries hitting our servers.

The bad queries are for 'http://www.reddit.com.'  The colon in that name causes reddit.com's servers to not respond to the query.  At some point unbound marks the whole domain reddit.com as failing and returns SERVFAIL for all queries.  This clears after a bit and then repeats.

I have filtered out the bad queries to stop the immediate problem.

I am looking for a more robust way to fix this issue.

--
Dave