Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] cache size

daniela daniela
Thu Sep 20 16:26:11 CEST 2012

Hallo and thank you to developers,

I would like to ask devs and fellow users for opinions, experiences,
insight about optimal size of cache in a minimal / average / server
specs machine. I would also like to ask about the maximally feasible
size, in case one should want to use a significant part of it for
weeding out garbage. Yes, I have a firewall (and a file HOSTS) on
every machine and I have a router with filtering and firewall, but
sometimes laptops move around and a pocket mobile hotspot can hardly
do any filtering.
I would also like to ask where physically the cache is located. I
know, RTFM, but I did not find it easily, and searching the
mailinglist archive is not very easy - there should be a search box :)
Thank you a lot everyone
Daniela